Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September projects by Kerryn Lawson

Hi, it's Kerryn here today to share my September projects with you. 
 
For my first project I have a card that was created with papers from 7 Dots Studio 'Love is in the Air' collection and teamed with Symphony Corners (small).
 
 
The Symphony Corners were primed with gesso before being painted with a peachy coloured paint.  A random coating of glitter was applied before they were adhered to the card to form the base for my embellishment cluster.

 
Blue Fern Studios products used :
 
 
For my second project I have used papers from 7 Dots Studio 'Domestic Goddess' to create a layout about my beautiful girl. 

 
The small leaves in the All Natural Set were the perfect size for my floral cluster.  They were simply inked with green ink.

 
Inspired by Kelly's use of the punched out bits on her layouts last month I have added some punched out bits from the Quatrefoil panel.  They have been inked with a sandy coloured ink and embossed with distress embossing powder.

 
The bits of honey have become one of my favourite Blue Fern Studios products!  I have inked the bits of honey with brown ink and tucked them amongst my paper layers.

 
Two hearts have been inked with dusky pink ink with brown ink applied to the edges with a foam pad, layered together and tucked among the floral cluster.

 
Blue Fern Studios products used :
 
 


 
 
For my final project, another layout, I have used 7 Dots Studio 'Domestic Goddess' papers and stickers.

 
I am a huge fan of chipboard words and The Optimist Word Set is full of lots of great words for your projects.  I have painted the You Shine! phrase with a spray mist.  Painting, rather than spraying, gives a more watery finish.  Make sure that you prime your chipboard with gesso before painting though so that your colour shows more true to life.

 
The Icons (Set One) has been put to good use on this page.  The heart was covered with sequins and finished with a button.

 
The guitar and star were layered together, primed with gesso and then painted with a combination of spray mists in three different colours.  A light sanding around the edges gives a nice worn finish.

 
An arrow from the directions set has been used to draw focus to the alphabet and phrase stickers.  The arrow was primed with gesso and painted with spray mist.

 
Blue Fern Studios products used :
 


 
Thank you for checking out my projects here today.
 
Kerryn
 



5 comments:

  1. Great job! You have a blog filled with inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love these especially the last piece. The guitar and sequins on the heart are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful projects ;) Very good job ;)

    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply wonderful creations, loving the honeycomb pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I love your little banner that streams across the layout!! Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete