Monday, November 11, 2013

Just a little something from Kristine


Hi Everyone!

Kristine here to share some projects with you today. 

AND.... I have made a mini-tutorial for you :) 
Enjoy! 



***



Cute stuff

I like to make my own backgrounds for my layouts, and this time I made a step by step mini-tutorial on how you can do it, and how to use and include chipboard on your background.

(Sorry for bad pictures, and some of the colors is wrong...)


1. Gather your supply. I used:
- Mod Podge
- Modeling paste
- Palette knife
- torn paper with different textures
- heat tool
- Canvas or cardstock
- Shabby brick panel
- Some chipboard leftovers


2. Use Mod podge to glue down the paper, in 3-4 layers.

3. When you are done gluing on paper, put on some chipboard. 

 4. I have cut out a piece of the 12x12" Shabby brick panel, and are using it as a stencil. 
 5. Put on modeling paste, a thick layer. 
 6. To create texture use the palette knife and tap it over det modeling paste before removing the chipboard. 
 7. Remove the brick chipboard, and use the heat tool to dry.
Place the brick chipboard over a new area of the layout, and repeat step 5-7. 

 8. After the modeling paste is dry, choose one or two colorsprays of choice and spray it over the modeling paste. After dyring, you can stamp over with a stamp, to create more texture.
Now the background is finish. 


Here is the end result, I hope you like it :)

I have used these Blue Fern Studios Chipboards: 

Good Vibes
 Shabby brick panel

Spring branch


In the end I just want to share a tag with you


Lovetag


I have used these Blue Fern Studios Chipboards:

Brigitte butterfly set

quatrefoil page panel

Good vibes

I hope you found some inspiration here today :)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, love using the chipboard as a stencil. Tag is just perfect xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing a tutorial on how this came into creation. Great job and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial! It is always inspiring to see how to build a page from start to finish!! Both of your projects are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with the words !! gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both the layout and the tag. The colours are divine. Thank you for sharing your process.

    ReplyDelete