Friday, November 29, 2013

Panels with Patter

Hi! Patter here with some Blue Fern Studios panel inspiration for you today. I have used both the Quatrefoil Panel and the Chain Link Panel along with some other Blue Fern Studios pieces. This month, there have been several occasions in which I have had to make cards to send. So, armed with my great Blue Fern Studios products, I will share two of those cards with you today using panels and other chipboard.

A Card for Ordination
My friend was ordained on the 17th so this was the card I made for her. I started the bottom layer with patterned paper and the Blue Fern Studios Quatrefoil Panel. I inked it in distress ink and then added embellishments on top. It makes a great backgound piece.
Pin It
I also added a couple of Blue Fern Bits that I colored with gelatos and layered them with my other embellishments.
Blue Fern Products Used: Quatrefoil Panel, Blue Fern Bits

A Sympathy Card
Our senior pastor's father passed away this month. I used the above card for inspiration but this time I used the Blue Fern Chain Link Panel. I also inked this panel in distress ink and placed the panel in the background.
Pin It
I then used the Blue Fern Studios Organic Vine. I spritzed it with water and let it sit for a minute. Once the water had soaked in and the chipboard was soft, I began peeling up some of the leaves. I then spritzed with a mix of water and gesso and let it dry overnight. In the morning, I added several gelato colors and spread them around with a wet paintbrush. I then spritzed with a bit of green mist and let dry. I always like this effect. It comes out different every time.

Blue Fern Products Used: Chain Link Panel, Organic Vine

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you will use some Blue Fern Studios panels on your next card or other paper creation!

7 comments:

  1. The cards are stunning Patter. I love the how you used the panels and how you used the mix media on the chipboard. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Patter. I love how you layered the chipboard and the green colour was lovely. Thank you for detailing the process, it's great to know how you can achieve that effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..Such beautiful work Patter!! I simply adore the greens and blues on your gorgeous cards! My favorite colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so lovely I love the sentiments x

    ReplyDelete