Monday, November 2, 2015

November Inspiration with Jelissa

Hello friends! Hope your weekend of trick n treat has been fun!

I'm up on the Blue Fern Studios blog today to share two layouts. And if you've been wondering, here are my little girl's photos at last! I finally found the time to process them and print them out for scrapping. And I got to say, the feel of a newborn in my arms and their intoxicating smell is just so addictive!

Here is my first layout, based on the November challenge sketch created by Michelle. I used lots of the gorgeous papers from the Autumn Anthology collection - pastels are really my favourite!



My take on the sketch:


This time I've pretty much stuck to the sketch changing only the title. My background is deliberately simple so as not to steal the limelight from the pretty papers  and chipboards.

Some closeups:

Under my flowers, I have the Floral Lattice Bits all heat-embossed and layered on top of strips of papers from the Autumn Anthology papers which I have the edges punched.


The French Ironwork chipboard which I heat-embossed as well - first with two different shades of brown and as an accent, I used the Fern Embossing Powder, one of the many new products from Blue Fern Studios. Some stamping in the background was done with the Garden Frolic stamp set.


Another half of the Floral Lattice Bit which I snipped off to balance the layout. Lots of layering too from different sheets of the collection.


My title, made up of words from two different sets - Baby Words and Perfect, Adorable, Special - which I brushed lightly with paint and inked the edges with gelato.

Blue Fern Studios products used:

Autumn Anthology - Parfumerie, Gazebo, Mercantile
Chipboard - French Ironwork, Perfect, Baby Words, Floral Lattice Bits
Mediums - Embossing Powder (Fern)

My next share is a video tutorial and I had heaps of fun doing it. Each and every one of my kids get a shadow box or canvas for their baby photo and my little girl is no exception. While I really love how sturdy the Blue Fern papers are, I wanted something that I could mount on a wall or display without warping over time. So I chanced upon the idea of transferring the entire sheet of patterned paper over on to my canvas.

Here is the project:


You can see just how different the background paper looks now! Because of the uneven-ness in removing the layers of paper, I had little patches of white all over, with some bits of the canvas exposed. It's a gorgeous white haze effect on top of a very pretty paper, and muted it just enough to fit the theme of the photo.

Some close-ups:


My title piece - I snipped off the "Hush" from "Hush Little Baby" to fit the composition of the canvas.


Aloha Flower chippie, sneaked in between all those layers of Calling Cards cut-outs.


My background is a mixture of simple stenciling as well as heat embossing with another sweet color "Petal" from Blue Fern Studios. I also cut out little butterflies and placed them all over the canvas.


Butterfly Friends chippie helping to fill out the layers and also to create visual flow.


Some of the background details.

And here is the start-to-finish video. That's all I have for you today, so sit back and enjoy!



Blue Fern Studios products used:

Autumn Anthology - Calling Cards, Newsworthy, Balcony
Chipboard - Aloha Flower, Butterfly Friends, Hush Little Baby
Mediums - Embossing Powder (Petal)


love,

2 comments: