Thursday, March 24, 2016

In love with the Courtship Lane collection (Karine)

Hi there, Blue Fern Studios fans,

I can't believe spring is here! And what better way to celebrate it than with our new Courtship Lane collection? It's gorgeous colors and pretty patterns are perfect for the season!

Love


For this layout, I used two paper as my background: Town Gossip and Concert Hall. I altered them with modeling paste and a stencil, and I added color with watercolor. I also used a card from the Calling Cards paper in my paper cluster.


My main chipboard piece is the Bordeaux Layered frame which come in two parts. The bottom one, I painted with white gesso and sprayed mists over it, to match the color in the background paper. For the swirly top part, I covered it with white gesso. I chose to leave it white because I thought it was contrasting over the pink chipboard.


While I was looking in my box of smaller chipboards, I found a little piece (you can see it in the picture above, just below my frame) that came from a flourish from the Leafy Page Accents. I painted it with white gesso also, to match the frame. I thought it filled the gap between my flower and my frame perfectly. I never throw away even the tiniest pieces: you never know when they can come handy.


My title piece, from the Adore, Love, Cherish set is also painted plain white.

Perfect


My second layout is way much colourful.than my first one. I chose the Parkway paper as my background. I was inspired by the colors of the feather on the left of the page. 


My composition on mainly based on the Whimzy Flourishes that frame my picture. I embossed them with Imagine Ink Garnet embossing powder. 


I created my flowers clusters around the two flourishes. I also fussy cut some flower from the Calling Cards paper to put in my clusters, to give dimension. You can see, in a few places, that I used the Forever stamp set to add a bit of texture to my background. 


My title, part of the Perfect, Adorable, Special set, is embossed with Imagine Ink Iris embossing powder.

Happy


My last layout uses the beautiful West Plaza paper. I chose the colors of my layout based on the damask pattern of the paper.


I used the Garden Frolic stamp set to stamp randomly on my background.


To frame my picture, I used the Celebration Hearts, which I embossed with Imagine Ink Snow embossing powder. I built my flower clusters around them.


My title piece, from The Optimist Word Set, was embossed with Imagine Ink Lilac embossing powder and glued over my embellishments.

I hope my creations inspired you.
Have a nice crafty day.

Karine

5 comments:

  1. I can tell you loved this line Karin, because your work is gorgeous with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karine - your pages are all so very gorgeous, as always. Your designs and embellies are always perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos and absolutely amazing layouts!

    ReplyDelete